Youth of SYRIZA is a radical left youth organization.
Youth of SYRIZA is a political organization, which considers the youth as an autonomous social category that, by taking place at class struggle favouring the labor, can be converted from a “lost generation” to the generation of social transformation, having as aim the socialism of 21st century. Youth of SYRIZA has a class perspective: Concentrates all the parted contrasts inhabited in young peoples’ lives, into a cohesive plan of instant overthrow with the perspective of abolition of every exploitation relation.
1. Youth of SYRIZA struggles for young people’s rights: workers and unemployed, flexibility workers, the “invisibles”, voucher workers etc. We claim the reset of basic wage and unemployment benefit, at the levels laid before memorandum. We fight against ever form of flexibility, against the working schedule de-setting, the discharge lever release, employers’ lawlessness, the decrease of working schedules and the working years demanded for retirement. We stand against the workers’ separation among “new” and “old”, men and women, immigrants and Greeks, we stand against probation and we don’t ask to find occupation against our parents. We ask what we deserve: stable work with rights and decent wage for everyone.
2.Youth of SYRIZA is an anti-fascist organization. We fight against the neonazi gang of Golden Dawn and against the fascism domination in society as well, through the neoliberal capitalism attack. At the same time, we recognize that fascism met with a “prosperous field”, as existing relations in Greek Society, as nationalism, racism, sexism, patriarchy as well as the educational and cultural system. Youth of SYRIZA promotes the organization of antifascist initiatives from “below”, based on workers, unemployed, youth, and every suffering subject (immigrants, minorities, alternative sexual orientation persons, disabled etc) aiming to their equal participation. We also court, the coordinated safekeeping of the places we intervene (workers and students unions etc) as well as our marches and events, against the neonazi and police attacks. Finally, we stand against the “two extremes theory” and thoughts of memorandum parties accession to the “constitutional arrow”.
3.We are an organization which recognizes the culture, not as an accidental pursuit, but as a mean and target at the same time. We fight for the formulation of a cultural alternative proposal, a cultural stream which will not contain on its core the pursuit of profit but the emergence of many artistic initiatives that grow through the youth places, but are not able to be expressed outside of these places. We encourage and forward the creation of cultural joints in every neighborhood, cores of alternative creativity, connected with alternative art places and stands together with initiatives that eliminate the existing triangulations (companies, managers etc) between the artists and the audience.
4.Youth of SYRIZA struggles for the abolishment of sexual distinctions and other prevailing stereotypes about the sex which strengthen them, an organization with strong feminist action. We want to clash with the remaining perspectives of patriarchy structures, which preexisted of the economical crisis in Greek society. That’s why young women face the crisis consequences in much more unfavorable terms concerning their accession to work and public space. For us, the right to equal access to work, education, culture and other areas of public life, without exclusions due to the sex and sexual gender, are leading points to our claims.
5.Youth of SYRIZA struggles for social rights. We fight for the democratic rights, against repression, we ask assault police forces abolition, we demand the reset and expansion of university asylum, we struggle for the rights considering new technologies (digital rights), the rights of army recruits and enactment of alternative hitch, prisoners rights (especially under aged ones) and, finally, a completely different drugs policy that will not treat the drug addicts as criminals.
6. Youth of SYRIZA is an anti racist organization. We don’t perceive men and women as “illegal”. We fight for citizenship grant for immigrants born in our country, for concentration camps revocation and against the Fortress Europe, for asylum grant to the refugees and equal rights for Greeks and immigrants.
7.Youth of SYRIZA is an organization with ecological orientation. We demand an alternative form of production and consumption, that will respect the environment and will restore our bond to the nature. We struggle from Skouries of Chalkidiki against the gold prospecting, to Athens and other cities, against privatizations of public goods as water and energy.
8. Youth of SYRIZA struggles for public space appropriation: From Squares and “green areas”, to beaches, we fight against the privatization of public spaces which degredate our lives.
9. Youth of SYRIZA claims massive amateur athleticism, through the enhancement of public sport clubs and gyms, with free access for everyone. We fight for the massive sports participation to work as a bulwark to far right raise and edification for collective life. For these reasons, we consider as obligatory, among other, the upgrade of athleticism role into schools.
10. Youth of SYRIZA intervenes and supports operations of collective and solidarity economy. We believe that exit from the crisis, in benefit of the labor, will not occur if the dominating production model is not doubted. Young people’s participation in these projects which dispute the capitalistic relations of production, are at the same time liberating, as well a driving force for the transformation of the current model of production, capable of giving instant solution to our material needs.
Youth of SYRIZA is an organization which interferes and struggles in every place that young people live, study and work. At working places we fight for the networking and organization of flexible workers and unemployed and forward the fighting action of young workers against employers arbitration as well as perspective of individualism. We struggle for young workers representation in trade unions, for the building of new unions if they don’t exist, for make collective organization persuasive for young people and against the bureaucratic leaderships of GSEE and ADEDY. At schools, we stand together with teachers and parents, against public school demise, at exam – focused and technocratic education. We want to structure a massive students’ movement which will claim a school apart from class barriers and students leak, a school which will allow free time and forward the full development of students personality and inspire collegiality. We want an education system with free access at universities, disconnected from competitiveness and intensification. To reach our goals, important interfere at schools is crucial. The manipulated and actual demise and disdain of public school character, as a result of previous governments efforts, intense with the instant application of anti-educational memorandum measures. Inside crisis context, students are the instant victims facing the consequences of education de-reform, through merger and abrogation of school units, the dangerous and wretched technical structures, absence of teachers. Our aim is to make school more massive and transform it into a new model of culture and art creation, that will forward creativity, partnership, solidarity and collegiality. At Universities and Technical Universities we fight against the total reform of third-grade education. We struggle side by side with the workers and professors by creating a wide resistance front inside and outside of Universities. At the same time we premise the “University of needs” instead of “University of Markets”. We want the instant reorganization of the National University Students Union in a perspective of revival and encouragement of the students movement on a democratic and participation basis. Such a reorganization will seel the emerge of a total political clash, making all the political student groups to take place on the actual needs of students, exposing and blocking the governmental student groups from the movement.
Youth of SYRIZA is an organization which seeks to gain strong bonds in every neighborhood. From small districts of Athens and all big cities to the smallest village, anywhere that young men and women doubt the system, that seek for a way out, that can’t watch their lives passing in front of their eyes, which want to fight and struggle for another world. Youth of SYRIZA is being built on “us”. The “us” of a youth which doesn’t want anymore to live with the fear, without dignity and dreams, the “us” of a youth that feels ready to take life on it’s hands. The hard but beautiful journey of the upset has begun.